All My Ramblings

Friday, April 2, 2010

School Vacation Bitch Fest

Ok people - I am just going to throw this out there... This is a bitch fest about school vacations.

I can't stand school vacation! I work from home and every time my kids have school vacation (which is often since they go to a religious private school), my business comes to a complete standstill. I can't make my calls because like clockwork - the minute I pick up the phone, a catastrophe happens or an argument or someone needs me to get them something. Extremely frustrating. But when I am not on the phone - nobody needs anything... Go figure that out - it's one of the great mysteries of the world.

Who's brilliant idea was it to have Spring Break followed a couple of months later by 3 months off for summer vacation? I mean damn, we only have a full 9 months to work our businesses and if you are like me, 9 months to make a full time income is just not enough time. No wonder mother's are master multi-taskers. If the husbands were to work full time from home, cart this kids to school and afterschool activities, clean the house and make sure there's dinner on the table - there would be very few families in this world. My husband has a melt down during the weekends if there's even a little commotion - imagine him living one second in my shoes and having to switch gears every second while trying to make a living?

And I get that there is the whole "JOB" thing available but in this economy - it's not an option for most full time mother's of special need children. My kids have issues and financially we are not in a place where we can afford care givers or babysitters so I work from home and make a damn good living - when I can work. Where else would I be able to make $200 per hour than with Intimate Expressions - www.passionmoms.com and it be legal? So this is what I do and it just pisses me off that schools are not more considerate of working parents during this economical chaos our state and the US is going through.

Hey, maybe I should run for office? I think a lot of parents would appreciate my platform of having school 11 months of the year with 1 month off for break. If you like this idea - then leave a comment and one person will win a $50 shopping spree with me at www.passionmoms.com. All comments must be in by April 20th 2o10 midnight EST.

Thanks for listening to a frustrated WAHM...

Kiss Kiss -
Lisa
www.passionmoms.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Dildo's on The Brain. Design by Exotic Mommie. Provided By Free Blogger Templates | Freethemes4all.com
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates